Forming part of the well known national non-government body Cancer Council Australia, Cancer Council ACT is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to promote a healthier community by reducing the impact and incidence of cancer in the ACT region.
Cancer Council ACT began discussions with Praxis Interactive in mid-2014 with a desire to replace their existing website with something more fresh, dynamic, and of course to take advantage of responsive design trends with an increasing number of website visitors using smartphones and tablets.
Taking full advantage of Praxis CMS and SilverStripe, a number of innovative features were developed and integrated for the new website, including:
- database model to keep track of SunSmart centres and schools, with backend interface
- frontend search for the SunSmart status of a school or centre, using ajax autocomplete
- model to manage research projects funded by Cancer Council ACT
- share your story page for cancer survivors to tell of their experience beating cancer
- online three year review forms for centres and schools
- information sheet model with custom print stylesheets
- userforms module for user defined forms and data capture
- annual reports management module
- mailchimp mailing list integration
- event calendar and news archive